- This event has passed.
Be a Monk Challenge
March 16, 2020 @ 8:00 am - March 23, 2020 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
7 Life-Changing Days (for men and ladies)!
What will it do for me?
These courses will give you an opportunity to cut yourself off from everyday distractions and focus fully on spiritual practices. You will get to know yourself better spiritually, strengthen your mind and determination and, most importantly, have an amazing time with like-minded individuals!
The 7-day Be a Monk challenge is a great entry-level residential course. It gives an amazing opportunity to experience a taster of spiritual living. Here are a few things you will learn during your stay:
- Engage in meditation, singing and dancing every morning as part of the spiritual sessions.
- Later on in the morning you’ll take part in various activities like spending time on the organic farm, learning to work with cows and oxen, distributing food on our ‘Food for all’ campaign, and many other activities around the temple.
- In the afternoons you will learn topics of philosophy like the soul, karma, reincarnation, and the practical application of ancient philosophy.
- Evenings will be free to spend some time for yourself, reflect, and relax.
- There will also be sessions on yoga, cooking, martial arts (optional) and music.
- Delicious vegetarian meals, 3 times a day.
- Opportunity to speak to the monks and share experiences.