Harmonium for Beginners£110
About this course
Harmonium for Beginners
If you have always wanted to learn how to play the harmonium and sing under the guidance of a highly experienced teacher, this is your opportunity. Through theory and practical application from basic to more advanced levels, you’ll get an understanding of the complete science of music. One key course-book that will be used is “A Vaisnava Harmonium & Singing Method” by Ramanujacharya das, a disciple of Srila Prabhupada.
The 16-week course will cover:
- Rhythm and Rhythmic cycles (Taals)
- Finding your vocal style and rhythm Description of and playing the harmonium
- Understanding traditional and western musical styles
- Various positions of ‘Sa’, and playing the basic scale
- An explanation of the notation used for musical selections, and much more
- Plus practical singing and playing, of course!
By the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive appreciation of music and be able to practise as a vocalist, songwriter, musician, composer, arranger and producer through the ragas.
This course will be run in person (Paramatma room, Haveli). If you are unable to attend in person, then you can join online for the entire course.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Important note: Once you click ‘Submit your review’ above, your review will be manually checked and approved before it appears here.