Chair Yoga for Seniors£32
About this course
Chair Yoga for Seniors
Chair yoga is a great way for older adults to get the wonderful health benefits of yoga. Staying seated allows even frail seniors or those who are lacking flexibility to exercise gently, safely, comfortably and in a way that suits their own ability. These classes are designed, keeping in mind the requirements of the age group 65 years and above.
Offering a multitude of health benefits: this yoga will help to loosen and stretch painful muscles, improve circulation and protect joints, facilitating balance and maintaining a more supple body. It will also help to reduce stress, anxiety and lower blood pressure, to name just a few benefits.
What would be better than enjoying light exercise in the company of others and to see improvements in strength and flexibility, allowing you to do more and more, over time. Following a one hour yoga session, you will have time to socialise and enjoy a light snack together.
- Kindly return the completed Health Questionnaire prior to joining in the sessions. Further information will be shared upon registration
- Carry a personal non-slip Yoga Mat and a Yoga block (about 2 inches thick)
- Chair Yoga is practiced barefoot, but if you are wearing socks, please ensure they are the non-slip/grip socks
- Ensure you are wearing clothes that are comfortable
- Feel free to bring a pillow/ shawl in case you would like to use them during relaxation
- Bring a bottle of water
Where to buy the Non-slip Yoga mat and a Block?
You can buy in any local Superstore or Sport store or can order online using the below links:
Yoga Mat – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Friendly-Fitness-Exercise-Gymnastics/dp/B08MCG9HBW/ref=sr_1_28?crid=2LWBRFNXH6JVI&dchild=1&keywords=yoga+mat+non+slip&qid=1627663448&sprefix=yoga%2Caps%2C217&sr=8-28
Yoga Block – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Mad-YBLEVAB2-PUR-Full-Block/dp/B0014DMJV0/ref=sr_1_12?crid=3LH944MGWUHNM&dchild=1&keywords=yoga+block+2+inches&qid=1627663837&sprefix=yoga+block+2%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-12
Provision of course material:
Please visit our FAQs which clarifies what material is / is not provided – https://schoolofbhakti.com/course-faqs/