a
Well, you know - life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. And you just found yourself a treasure. Come and join us for a course at the School of Bhakti and grab your free cookies and tea. What a way to illuminate your journey!
Don’t miss anything. Follow Us.

Ask questions, discuss, and get wiser

Welcome to the School of Bhakti Community!

Create an account, set your password, and you're good to go! The more you interact and discuss, your rating goes up - see if you can elevate yourself to an 'Illustrious member'!

Notifications
Clear all

In search of the absolute truth through time and space  

RSS
kiran.tailor
Active Member Explorer

In search of the Absolute Truth through time and space

Hare Krishna and thank you for the opportunity to write about the Bhagavatam!

As I stand on the bank of the ocean of material existence I contemplate on the Absolute Truth wondering who I am, how I got here, and what is the cause of all causes. One day the waves of the ocean tried to pull me in against my freewill. I tried to resist as always, sometimes giving into the tides and other times overcoming them. It was always a battle. At that moment a person appeared as if from nowhere. He had an effulgent glow not found in anyone I had ever seen and he had a real spiritual aura. A very heavenly, fragrant smell oozed from him which counteracted the toxic smell of the polluted ocean infront of me. He had a radiant smile which conveyed authority, a sense of peace, renunciation and wisdom like he knew about the Absolute Truth. He looked very equiposed and looked like a guide to help cross over the waves of the ocean before me. He looked ageless and he appeared as if he was above anything mundane. This personality looked like he was of divine origin.

"Dear sir, who are you please? I am sorry, but I didn't even see you appear", I said.

He smiled, "My son, you were reflecting on the Absolute Truth and I thought I could help you. After all, you have been searching for a very, very long time. I am one of many servants of the Absolute Truth and my disciples have also written about the Absolute Truth!"

I felt a rush of emotions and was bewildered at how he had read my most secret and inner most thoughts. I had always felt like I have been travelling through time and space in search for the Absolute Truth for many, many lives. Was this sage going to be the answer to all my questions and help me reach my goal?

I submitted to him and inquired, "Dear sage, so what is the Absolute Truth please?"

He responded, "My son. With my mystic powers I am going to take you on a journey through time and space! Come with me! We are going to travel to different universes and visit different yugas. We will witness some of the most wonderful, eternal pastimes of the Absolute Truth and that of his most confidential associates! Behold now, whilst you leave this body to witness the great pastimes of the Srimad Bhagavatam!"

As I fell into a trance like state, I felt my subtle self leaving my body and leaving the earth realm into space very fast with the sage. We must have been travelling beyond the speed of light.

I asked, "Dear sage, where are we going first?"

He replied, "My son you wish to know the Absolute Truth, so first we are going to a different universe where a new Brahma is just about to be born. There, I will tell you all about creation and the material energy! Then after that..."

The above was just a synopsis of a fantasy story that takes one on a guided tour of some notable pastimes in the Bhagavatam! It is a Q&A exchange between a truth seeker and a sage covering broad topics. The Bhagavatam is the jewel of all vedic literature as it takes you on a journey through time and space to give you the highest realisation of the Absolute Truth.

My inquest into the Absolute Truth began when I was a child. I first read Srila Prabhupada’s Bhagavad Gita when I was 7 and I was truly blown away! I remain indebted to Him and also to the great works of other predecessor acharyas including Bhaktivinoda Thakur, Baladeva Vidhybhusana, the six Goswamis and others.

As I reflect on the Bhagavatam, I ask..

What is death? I realise death is the desire to enjoy a life devoid of vaishnavas.

What is disease? Disease is spiritual amnesia that I suffer from constantly because I am always forgetting my supreme cowherd friend, my dear Govinda even though He resides in my heart!

What is heaven? The greatest heaven is the association of persons who continually celebrate a jubilant festival of pure love for Lord Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja.

What is the ultimate secret knowledge hidden in the Upanisads? I realise the ultimate secret of the Upanisads is the divine couple who enjoy transcendental pastimes in Sri Vrndavana.

I offer my prostrate obeisances to that Absolute Truth! He is the eternal form of the simple and sweet cowherd boy, Gopal along with His eternal consort Srimati Radharani, who is not separate from Him! It is this divine couple that inspire me to write and it is this coweherd boy, who is the nectar contained in the Bhagavatam!

Your servant

Kiran Tailor

Posted : 16/07/2020 12:13 pm
Madans liked

Join Us!

Recent Posts

Share: