a
Well, you know - life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. And you just found yourself a treasure. Come and join us for a course at the School of Bhakti and grab your free cookies and tea. What a way to illuminate your journey!
Don’t miss anything. Follow Us.

Ask questions, discuss, and get wiser

Welcome to the School of Bhakti Community!

Create an account, set your password, and you're good to go! The more you interact and discuss, your rating goes up - see if you can elevate yourself to an 'Illustrious member'!

Notifications
Clear all

Question re: Bhagavatam  

RSS

Hare Krishna. I had couple of question please could you kindly help me to understand them please. As there’s many Brahma’s in each universes, the particular story we hear of Brahma on SB is that the Brahma in relation to this universe or another universe?  The story which Sutapa prabhu mentioned on how the Suka bird overheard Siva and Parvati’s conversation, which book is that from? Prabhu mention a quote by Visvanath chakravarthy explaining why spiritual life in Kali Yuga is so difficult, where can we read more on this 

thank you

ys

Dipadatri Gaurangi DD

1 Answer

The story which Sutapa prabhu mentioned on how the Suka bird overheard Siva and Parvati’s conversation, which book is that from? Prabhu mentions a quote by Visvanath chakravarthy explaining why spiritual life in Kali Yuga is so difficult, where can we read more on this.

"The first part of this story involving the parrot flying into the mouth of Vatika and taking shelter in her womb is confirmed in the Moksa-dharma Parva of Mahabharata, Brahma-vaivarta Purana and the Skanda Purana."

Our Brahma is discussed in Srimad Bhagavatam. I am not, off the top of my head, aware of other Brahmas being discussed in SB, but quite possibly they are.

Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura's purport to SB1.1.9 explains why spiritual life is difficult in kali-yuga. Sutapa Prabhu often refers to this. See attachment. 

Join Us!

Recent Posts

Online Members

No online members at the moment

Share: