Don’t miss anything. Follow Us.

Ask questions, discuss, and get wiser

Welcome to the School of Bhakti Community!

Create an account, set your password, and you're good to go! The more you interact and discuss, your rating goes up - see if you can elevate yourself to an 'Illustrious member'!

Notifications
Clear all

Canto 1 - Kali's appearance  

RSS

1. People worship Kali as the Divine Feminine that destroy's the ego, a form of Durga (Parvati), Lord Shiva's wife; including Ramakrishananda.
2. I understand it was Krishna's plan for Kali to appear, and she was banished to places where ignorance appears eg/ places of intoxication.
I'm finding it difficult to join the two aspects listed above together...if you can shed some light please. thank you.

@nuala Hare Krishna Mataji. Sorry my mistake. Part one of your question is referring to the Goddess Kali. And part two of your question is referring to Kali who resides in the places where animal killing, gambling, intoxication and prostitution are performed. Srimad Bhagavatam 1.17.38 Translation: Sūta Gosvāmī said: Mahārāja Parīkṣit, thus being petitioned by the personality of Kali, gave him permission to reside in places where gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter were performed.  

https://prabhupadabooks.com/sb/1/17/38?d=1  

As you mentioned Goddess Kali is a form of durga, whereas the second part of you question refers to a diiferent Kali. And he is the one who resides where these irreligious activities are performed. Haribol.

Thank you. So am I correct then that there are TWO Kali's? I've not encountered that before. Can you shed some light on this, as it is confusing, same name but different.

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Hare Krishna Nuala. Goddess Kali is an exalted devotee of the Lord. And she plays the role of spreading the dark influence of this age as a service to Lord Krishna. People may worship Goddess Kali to fulfill material desires. However as devotee's of Lord Krishna we can pray to Goddess Kali to give us blessings in our devotional life. Kali can still be worshipped on the path of Bhakti to aid us in our devotional service. I hope this helps. Thanks for your question. Haribol.

Join Us!

Recent Posts

Online Members

No online members at the moment

Share: