a
Well, you know - life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. And you just found yourself a treasure. Come and join us for a course at the School of Bhakti and grab your free cookies and tea. What a way to illuminate your journey!
Don’t miss anything. Follow Us.

Ask questions, discuss, and get wiser

Welcome to the School of Bhakti Community!

Create an account, set your password, and you're good to go! The more you interact and discuss, your rating goes up - see if you can elevate yourself to an 'Illustrious member'!

Notifications
Clear all

Is it enough to turn my work into devotional work?  

RSS

I am an ambitious artist; I live for inspiration and feel Krishna is in this process of experiencing inspiration. Is this enough to turn my work into devotional work?

1 Answer

In order to turn our work into devotional work or devotional service four things should be there and it’s easy to remember the 4 R’s. The first R stands for righteousness; our work should bring benefit to the world, it should improve people’s lives, it should bring goodness and it should hopefully make the world a better place. The second R stands for remember; we should try to remember Krishna while we’re doing our work, and we should remember that Krishna is the inspiration, Krishna is the ability, and by being conscious of Krishna while we’re doing our work then that helps to make the work devotional service. The third R is results; we should then try to use the results of whatever work we’re doing, the influence, the money, the intelligence that we gain from it, all of this should be utilized in Krishna’s service. The final R stands for remaining time; outside of the time when we’re working, we should try to use the remaining time in Krishna’s service directly hearing, chanting and worshipping Krishna so that when we’re actually engaged in working, then the other three come much more naturally.

Join Us!

Recent Posts

Online Members

No online members at the moment

Share: