a
Well, you know - life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. And you just found yourself a treasure. Come and join us for a course at the School of Bhakti and grab your free cookies and tea. What a way to illuminate your journey!
Don’t miss anything. Follow Us.

Ask questions, discuss, and get wiser

Welcome to the School of Bhakti Community!

Create an account, set your password, and you're good to go! The more you interact and discuss, your rating goes up - see if you can elevate yourself to an 'Illustrious member'!

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] If the 3 modes of material nature does everything, why we are resposible?  

RSS

Gita 3.27 and 5.14 say all actions are carried out by the 3 modes of material nature. Then how come a doer has to be responsible to any action he does?

I have now found the satisfactory answer in  Bhurijana prabhu's Surrendering unto Me.  

@dharmabir Hare Krishna Prabhuji, would you please care to share your findings so that the rest of the world can benefit from the answer. We would like to know more...

Thank you. 

Hare Krishna! HG Bhurijana prabhu writes on Surrender Unto Me:  The living entity, though not the doer, is also not completely aloof. Srila Prabhupada writes: "The Supreme Lord does not create a particular situation for any living entity, but the living entity, bewildered by ignorance, desires to be put into certain conditions of life and thereby his chain of action and reaction begin. 

Both Srila Prabhupada's purport and Bhurijana prabhu's elaboration state that the living entity due to ignorance or lack of knowledge has wrong desire. That is why the living entity is responsible for his own activities or reactions to them.  

BG 5.15 and Srila Prabhupad's purport to that text explain very clearly in this regards.

2 Answers

Doer is not this material body 

We are responsible because of our karmic actions 

My thoughts 

@radharani Yes i agree we are not the body we are the soul. Good point!

I think a doer is responsible due to his free will, there is an element of responsibility we take to act under a certain mode be it goodness, passion or ignorance. Don't we have a choice on the actions we take? What does everyone else feel?

Join Us!

Recent Posts

Online Members

No online members at the moment

Share: